Dorothy Bell

My Grandma Dorothy past away last Friday. I took the kids out of school for Tuesday, and we headed to stay with my dad for a little while. The funeral was really nice and it was even nicer to get to see that side of the family and to spend time at my dad's farm. Here is one of my favorite pictures of my grandma. Nathan and I fixed this with a bit of photoshop. It's still a little rough, but I like the way it turned out.





I snapped these as I was loading up the truck to head home. My dad grew up on this farm, and we grew up staying the night in this house and listening to the rooster wake us up in the morning. My favorite memory here is of a huge apple tree that my grandpa would reach up to the limbs and shake for us. We'd be stocked with 50 green apples for the rest of our stay. The tree is gone now, but I'm glad my kids get to stay there sometimes and make their own memories.


0 comments: