so we had a little accident.....

With just a week and 1/2 left before Jacob is safe and sound at school, we had a little accident.
Jacob and Anna came in the house to tell us all that he had a bruise on his arm. When I asked what happened, they both looked a little upset and told us they'd had a wreck in the go-cart. Lori and I took off down the road (shoe-less because we thought it was surely right in front of the house.) and we walked...and walked....it was quite a way down the road. And when we came to the place they said they had the wreck, it took us a few seconds to see the go-cart because it was a little way down the ditch and sideways! We had a few neighbors help us pull it out of the ditch. Our neighbor took these pictures for me. (thanks Shelly!!! Isn't she great at documenting!)
Poor Anna was so shaken. She's a great little driver, but just had a little over-correction problem. I imagine that their initial walk home must have been brutal thinking about all the trouble they'd be in. Of course we were all so happy that they were okay that there wasn't much of a punishment, just better precautions set up. It was a little scary, but they survived with no broken bones and few scratches and bruises. This taught me two things. 1) The go-cart is pretty safe to have kept them intact in what seemed like such a scary wreck. and 2)my baby is still a baby...contrary to what Nathan keeps telling me. I'll be a little more paranoid for at least a few weeks. As far as riding the go-cart goes...Jacob will ride again. Just maybe we'll have a little go-cart safety 101 first.



I was so thankful for strong neighbors and for our neighbor who had a truck to pull us out.

The rescue pick up. (thanks Shelly!)

1 comments:

Angie said...

Oh my goodness. I can't believe they were not hurt.