a good weekend

Jacob had another soccor game and did really well again. Even though the coaches don't officially keep score, the kids always know who won. His team hasn't lost any of their 3 games which made Jacob say. "I still don't know how it feels to lose!"

The kids got to stay with their Aunt Rachel while I took Nathan on a late night date to say 'thanks' for the great job he's been doing while I'm back and forth with my family. Emma wanted to be dressed for the big event.

I love her little belly!





Then on Sunday while we cleaned up the garage, the kids were inspired to have a yard sale on the back porch. When I came to spend my money, I witnessed the following conversation.
(Emma dropped one of the toys....)
Jacob: EMMA...that's it, you're fired from this store.
Emma: It was an accident.
Jacob: yeah, but I already gave you a chance when you were crumbling that leaf!
Emma: I'm just trying to have fun.
Jacob: This is our work, you're not suppose to have fun!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those kid conversations. Today Emmie was telling me how she had to put away her "thinking ear" so she could play with her friend Andrew at the park