twas the night before christmas....

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is actually Christmas Eve. We spent a few hours with Nathan's family enjoying all of their traditions. We open our matching pajamas and take a group picture. Then we drink egg nog out of Nathan's great-grandma's jelly and oat glasses (at least I think that's what they are.) One of my favorite traditions though is opening a big box from Nathan's Aunt Dru. This year's theme was "The Night Before Christmas". We each got to unwrap a few small gifts from the box. I love this even more than the kids do I think!

This is my favorite glass.



After our own Christmas morning activities, we headed back over to Nathan's mom's for Christmas brunch, and.........
Jacob climbed a tree. He was stuck about 20 ft. up. If you look closely, you'll notice the expression on his face.

Stone was helping me feel the full drama of the situation. He told me that if that was him up there, his mom would be freaking out, not grabbing her camera! But Nathan had the rescue under control.



Now we're recovering from all the traveling between our house and my mom's and his moms and our big adventures. The kids and I are pretty sick. Nathan is on vacation so he's taking good care of us. Also, we got a Wii for Christmas so we've been distracted from our pain by Guitar Hero. Merry Christmas!!!!!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Matching PJs that is such a neat idea. Hope you all are feeling better.

Jimmy, Julie, and Gracie said...

I can't believe how big your kids have gotten! They are so cute! It seems like yesterday Jacob was 2!