fireworks and fevers

This forth of July didn't go exactly as I planned. I was in bed all day with a fever and lots of pain from a kidney infection. Nathan and the kids took great care of me, and by 4:00 I was ready to join the world...sort of. My neighbor Lori took great care of me too by providing some extra strength tylenol which seemed to do the trick. The boys cooked us dinner and we sat outside watching the kids and the dad's trying not to blow off their fingers. We had a lot of fun really. I'm finally back and feeling better.
Here's the card Emma made for me. Maybe this is really what did the trick.



My favorite line from the day came from Anna after the kids used some very colorful smoke bombs. To her Dad, "There's good news and bad news. I'm having a lot of fun, but you may have to get a new driveway!"

Jacob is a little pyro...and he was excited all day that we were letting him get this close to fire.

Hope you all had a happy Independence Day!

2 comments:

Sebrena said...

Ouch! Hope you feel better fast!!! Those infections are no fun. Glad you were able to enjoy some of the Fourth at least. As always, great pics!

KimL said...

Thanks sis. I do feel much better. Hope you had a good one too!